Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Compiling WRF 4.0.2 Test em_b_wave failed

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

maj2300

Hello everyone

I am trying to compile WRF/4.0.2. Specifically this version /WRF/4.0.2-foss-2018b-dmpar/WRF-4.0.2/.
Its a module I can add to the system in order to avoid issues with other compilers/sofware...

All seem to be working so far this point

== temporary log file in case of crash /tmp/eb-PzzT7Q/easybuild-XiUQyh.log
== resolving dependencies ...
== processing
== building and installing WRF/4.0.2-foss-2018b-dmpar...
== fetching files...
== creating build dir, resetting environment...
== unpacking...
== patching...
== preparing...
== configuring...
== building...
== testing...
== FAILED: Installation ended unsuccessfully (build directory: /xxx/wrf/apps/WRF/4.0.2-foss-2018b-dmpar): build failed (first 300 chars): Test em_b_wave failed with exit code 132, output: FILE NOT FOUND (took 1 min 6 sec)
(err: 'build failed (first 300 chars): Test em_b_wave failed with exit code 132, output: FILE NOT FOUND')

Any help will be really appreciated.
Many thanks in advance

Regards

Hi,
Can you let me know what, specifically, is different about the version you are trying to compile, and the out-of-the-box version of WRFV4.0.2 that we issue? Can you also please send your compile log and configure.wrf file so that I can take a look? I may be able to help, but unfortunately we are only able to fully support the versions of the code we release. Other versions may have errors that are out of our control.

Hello Kwerner

Many thanls in advance.

I attach for your attention the code where you can see the file obtained in GitHub and the files.

Filtering the logs the errors could be:

make[3]: execvp: time: Permission denied
make[3]: [test_io_idx] Error 127 (ignored)
gfortran: error: ../../frame/module_driver_constants.o: No such file or directory
gfortran: error: ../../frame/module_machine.o: No such file or directory
gfortran: error: ../../frame/module_wrf_error.o: No such file or directory
gfortran: error: ../../frame/wrf_debug.o: No such file or directory
gfortran: error: libwrfio_int.a: No such file or directory

or

make[3]: execvp: time: Permission denied

Best Regards

name = 'WRF'
version = '4.0.2'

homepage = 'http://www.wrf-model.org'
description = """The Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) Model is a next-generation mesoscale
numerical weather prediction system designed to serve both operational forecasting and atmospheric
research needs."""

toolchain = {'name': 'foss', 'version': '2018b'}
toolchainopts = {'opt': False} # don't use agressive optimization, stick to -O2

source_urls = ['https://github.com/wrf-model/WRF/archive/']
#source_urls = ['https://github.com/wrf-model/WRF/tree/v4.0.2']

sources = ['v%(version)s.tar.gz']
patches = [
'WRF_parallel_build_fix.patch',
'WRFv4_netCDF-Fortran_separate_path.patch',

Attachments

• configure.wrf
    20.8 KB · Views: 54
  • wrf_compile.log
    898 KB · Views: 58
In your configure.wrf file, look for this line:
Code:
FC              =       time $(DM_FC)
and try changing it to:
Code:
FC              =       $(DM_FC)

Before doing that, issue a 'clean -a' and then reconfigure. After that, modify the configure.wrf file, save that file, and then try to recompile and see if that helps.