Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

module_bc.F Fatal Error in WRF compile

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

galexand

Hello!

i am working on compiling WRF on a system using GNU compilers (version 4.4.7). I have successfully installed netcdf with netcdf-4 disabled, installed the WPS dependencies, and successfully completed the environmental tests outlined here: https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/compilation_tutorial.php

Unfortunately, I was not able to get WRF to compile. The first fatal error that occurs is from the module_bc.F not being able to be found, but I think that there may be problems with my environment. I have attached both my configure file and the log file from the compile attempt. Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• configure.wrf
    20.3 KB · Views: 45
  • log.compile
    821 KB · Views: 45
Your GNU compiler is too old. Is it possible that you update to a newer version oof GNU (e.g., GNU/9.10) then try again?

Hi!
Thank you for the response. I have talked with my system administrators and they are helping me install a new GNU compiler. I will keep this post updated on whether or not we are successful!

Thanks!!