About new NVIDIA HPC SDK

All topics related to compiling WRF, including environment set-up, and library installation
Enea2301

About new NVIDIA HPC SDK

Post by Enea2301 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi! I'm now re-compiling WRF on a new SO and drive, and I've noticed that PGI compilers no longer "exists" (no new versions).

In it's place, NVIDIA HPC SDK has been launched. I wonder if WRF plans to support it or even if it is usable right now as if it was PGI.
(Guess I should ask the same for MPAS as I plan to compile it for GPU, but that should go on its place).
Thanks!!

kwerner

Re: About new NVIDIA HPC SDK

Post by kwerner » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:00 pm

Hi,
I'm not sure if there are plans to include this in the upcoming release. I'll contact our software engineer to get their input on this and will get back to you.
NCAR/MMM

Enea2301

Post by Enea2301 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:48 pm

kwerner wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:00 pm
Hi,
I'm not sure if there are plans to include this in the upcoming release. I'll contact our software engineer to get their input on this and will get back to you.
Ok, thank you!

Let's hope it comes soon anyway, if not in this release, in some future one. These new compilers are promising.

davegill

Post by davegill » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:56 pm

Thank you for the information. I have passed this on to the administrators on our NCAR supercomputer platform. Once we have a machine where we may test the nvfortran and nvc compilers, we can include the SDK compiler/tools in the standard WRF build options.
Dave Gill
NCAR/MMM

Return to “WRF Compiling/Installation”