Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRFV compilation issue on CentOS 8

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

shijin1991

Hello, when building WRFV 3.9.1.1 on CentOS 8, I hit the same issue of the location of `rpc` directory reported in https://forum.mmm.ucar.edu/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=61. I installed libtirpc-devel and have /usr/include/tirpc/rpc available. Then I applied https://github.com/wrf-model/WRF/pull/1072's patch to WRFV-3.9.1.1, but I still get errors when compiling as

landread.c:130:8: error: unknown type name 'XDR'
landread.c:410:11: error: 'XDR' undeclared (first use in this function)
landread.c:410:16: error: expected expression before ')' token
landread.c:411:29: error: 'XDR_DECODE' undeclared (first use in this function)

, which looks strange to me because I checked both XDR and XDR_DECODE are defined in my /usr/include/tirpc/rpc/xdr.h file. Could you provide any ideas for this issue? I attached the configure.wrf and share/landread.c here as well.

Attachments

• landread.c
    21 KB · Views: 34
  • configure.wrf
    20.5 KB · Views: 37
Thanks for sending those. Just to make sure, after you modified the code, did you issue a "clean -a" and then reconfigure and then recompile?
If not, please try that. If you did, then I'm sorry to ask for one more thing, but can you also attach your full compile log? Thanks.

Hi,

I did not compile wrfv before modifying the code from a vanilla WRFV 3.9.1. I just did this modification and then started configure and compile. What "full compile log" do you mean? I thought the "spack-build.out" is the full compile log. It was the log generated by spack which including the configuration stage and compilation stage. I did a manual configure and compile as well and I got the same log for compile stage.

Thanks,
Shi

Hi,
Thanks. I originally only saw the top of the Spack file and it didn't look like a typical compile log, but I see that that compile log starts further down in the file. I'm not certain, but it seems that this issue may be a bit different than the landread error the other user(s) is/are seeing. Out of curiosity, are you able to compile the latest version of WRF (V4.2.2) as is?