Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

troubles, could not find trapping x locations

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Hi @sadya_islam20,

Although this ran okay for other case dates, the atmospheric conditions could be a little different for this date. Is there a reason you are using p_top_requested = 10000, instead of the default of 5000? If you haven't, can you please try to set it to 5000 to see if it helps?

kwerner said:
Hi @sadya_islam20,

Although this ran okay for other case dates, the atmospheric conditions could be a little different for this date. Is there a reason you are using p_top_requested = 10000, instead of the default of 5000? If you haven't, can you please try to set it to 5000 to see if it helps?

I am actually following one of my previous labmate's work and the namelist was designed before. I am not sure what differences it might cause! Can you provide some details?

p_top_requested is the model top, or the pressure cap. So setting this to 10000 (in Pa), means that the 3d simulation cannot go any higher in the atmosphere to a pressure level less than 10000 Pa. The default is 5000, and is typically more ideal. Can you try setting it to 5000 and see if that makes a difference?