Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

real.exe MAXTIMES

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

ebeaudin

Hi,

I am running a 10-years simulation with 6-hourly output files. When I run the real.exe for the whole period, it stops at 10000 time outputs. I saw there is a MAXTIMES = 10000, which I changed for 20000 in 4 files, but still no change.

I also merged 2 wrfbdy files to have the full 10 years, but wrf.exe wouldn't recognize this merged wrfbdy.

Which step am I missing for allowing wrfbdy to contain 20000 time output? Do I need to re-compile WRF after making changes in the files?

Thank you for you help.

Hi,
I would suggest you run with the restart option of WRF. In this case you can save wrfbdy in separate files.
A very large netCDF file (>4GB) might cause trouble and we don't recommend you put 10-yr boundary data to a single file.