Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Key error when running real.exe and wrf.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

mmah1986

Hello,

I have a question about real.exe and wrf.exe; When I do "./real.exe." or "./wrf.exe" inside the directory "/home/mani/WRF-4.2.1/test/em_real" where I've got my test case setup, I get the mesage that "Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key" - however all the other steps (ungrib, geogrid, etc) work ok (without this message). The commands "./real.exe." and "./wrf.exe" work ok as well (they just show that invalid key message). When I try "xauth list" I get 2 "MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1"s; I have also tried "xauth remove :1" (the value of my $DISPLAY is :1) which removes these two keys, but then I get "No protocol specified" (rather than "Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key").

I would greatly appreciate it, if you could help me with this.

Cheers,
Mani

Mani,
I am pretty sure this is an issue related to specific environment settings of your machine. Please talk to your computer manage and figure out what is wrong.

Hi Ming,

Thanks for the reply; I am running these commands on the Ubuntu installed on my own PC. I tried to look over the internet for the solution (I did so very extensively), but could not solve my problem. The problem seems somewhat peculiar, as it does not happen with the geogrid, ungrib or metgrid, but happens with the real.exe and wrf.exe.

I am still looking for a solution.

Mani