Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Not enough info for a p sfc computation

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

jgriley

Hi,

I need some help solving an error I am receiving when I am running real.exe. Everytime I run it, I am getting the error:
ERROR in psfc: flag_psfc = 1, flag_soilhgt = 0, flag_slp = 0, sfcp_to_sfcp = T
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 1396
not enough info for a p sfc computation
-----------------------------------------------
I have attached my namelist.wps and namelist.input
WRF Version: 4.0.1
Data: ERA5

Attachments

• namelist.input
    3.9 KB · Views: 92
  • namelist.wps
    1.4 KB · Views: 63
Hi,
Can you take a look at your met_em* files and see if you have the variable PSFC, and that the values look reasonable? If so, will you please attach a couple times of your met_em* files and your namelist.input file so that I can test it? If the files are too large to attach, take a look at the home page of this forum for information on uploading large files. Thanks!

I know this is an older thread, but I am having similar issues in context to using ERA5 data as initial conditions.

I have attempted to set the sfcp_to_sfcp option, but that has not changed this.

Is there any other resolution to this problem?

@bpettegrew,
Take a look at my response from Sep 13, 2021. Will you follow those same instructions and if need be, attach the files I was requesting? Please also let me know which version of WRF you are using. Thanks!