Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Getting namelist error when running real.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

mgrad037

Hello,

I'm a student that is running WRFv4.2 through NCAR's Cheyenne supercomputer. I'm trying to run a real case that has a nested domain and is using the North American Regional Reanalysis (NARR) dataset. But when I run real.exe, I get the following fatal error (in rsl error file):

------ ERROR while reading namelist physics ------
Maybe here?: sf_surface_physics = 2, 2, -1,
Maybe here?: num_soil_layers = 4, 4, -1,

It seems that the error has to do with the namelist.input sf_surface_physics and num_soil_layers options not being compatible (ignore column 3). Base on the literature I found, the United Noah Land Surface Model (sf_surface_physics option 2) has 4 numerical surface layers (as indicated above). So, I'm not sure where the error is coming from. I've been staring at this for hours, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Note: rsl.error file is a txt file. It was the only way I could've attached it here. sorry about that.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    3.9 KB · Views: 57
  • rsl.error.0000.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 47
Please change the setting below from
num_soil_layers = 4, 4, -1
to
num_soil_layers = 4

then rerun this case.