Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error in psfc

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

ggp17mkm

I am running WRF in serial mode with the Katrina case study as guided in the online tutorial.
I am using version 4.2.1

./real.exe generates this error:
ERROR in psfc: flag_psfc =1, flag_soilhgt =1, flag_slp =0, sfcp_to_sfcp =F
FATAL CALLED
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE:1378
not enough info for a p sfc computation

I have attached the namelist.input file.
Also I cannot see the rsl.out and rsl.error files in the em_real directory. So does that mean these are not generated? or are these located somewhere else?

Attachments

• namelist.input
    3.8 KB · Views: 124
Hi,
I verified the error you are getting. These cases are very old, with old data. I just updated the single-domain case (and all cases that use that data) to a newer case (you may need to refresh your web browser to see the changes - it should now be Hurricane Matthew). Can you try the new case and see if that works better? Please let me know if you find any mistakes, as there were a LOT of places to make code changes. Thanks!

As for the rsl.* files, you will not get those unless you have compiled the code with distributed memory (dmpar). If you are running serially, it's best to send the output to an error log. For e.g.,
Code:
./wrf.exe >& wrf.log

kwerner said:
Hi,
I verified the error you are getting. These cases are very old, with old data. I just updated the single-domain case (and all cases that use that data) to a newer case (you may need to refresh your web browser to see the changes - it should now be Hurricane Matthew). Can you try the new case and see if that works better? Please let me know if you find any mistakes, as there were a LOT of places to make code changes. Thanks!

As for the rsl.* files, you will not get those unless you have compiled the code with distributed memory (dmpar). If you are running serially, it's best to send the output to an error log. For e.g.,
Code:
./wrf.exe >& wrf.log

wrf_tutorial page give a wrong case tar file.
file link should be (https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/TUTORIAL_DATA/matthew_1deg.tar.gz),but it is (https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/TUTORIAL_DATA/matthew.tar.gz) now

You're absolutely right. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've corrected the link. If you refresh the page, it should be correct now.