Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Different simulation outputs on different cluster with same configuration, compiler and codes

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

longfei

Dear WRF help team,
I am running mulyear wrf simulations with WRFV3.7.1. First, i run the wrf on two clusters, one with 4 nodes, the other is national computing centers with 2000 more nodes. I compiled the wrf with same configuration and compiler. I thought it should have procude identical output with identical wrfinput, wrfbdy files and namelist.input. Actually, outputs were not identical. How could this happen? What should I do? I was doing simulations in the cluster with 4 nodes, and recently i want to change to national computing centers. The results are not consistent before and now, should I rerun the all the simulations on the new cluster?
Thanks a lot
Best, longfei