Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF crashes soon after execution

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Amber_yq

Hi everyone,

I was trying to run WRFV4.3 with ACM2 PBL scheme, Pleim-Xiu LSM and Revised MM5 surface layer scheme. However, WRF crashed right after execution with error reads: "forrtl: severe (59): list-directed I/O syntax error, unit 19, file /glade/scratch/yueqin/WRF/idaho/WRF/meso2020/PBL1004/ACM2/PX/VEGPARM.TBL". I've successfully conducted the same experiment with WRFV4.0 before so I think it shouldn't be the problem of my physics options. I have attached some files for your reference.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Amber

Attachments

• log.wrf
    7 KB · Views: 22
  • namelist.input
    5.3 KB · Views: 25
  • VEGPARM.TBL
    22.4 KB · Views: 29
  • rsl.error.0000.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 29
Hi Amber,
Would you please use the VEGPAM.TBL I attached here, and rerun the case? Please let me know whether it works.
Ming

Attachments

• VEGPARM.TBL
    22.5 KB · Views: 66
Thanks Ming, it works with the new VEGPAM.TBL. But it is running very slow on NCAR's Cheyenne. I wonder if it's because when I built my own WRF, I selected option 16. (dm+sm). If so, can you suggest me the most appropriate one?

Yue

Yue,
Would you please rebuild WRF using the option 15 (intel, dmpar)? Please remember to type ./clean -a before you recompile WRF.
Let me know whether the model can run faster.