Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

wrf.exe outputting integration time step

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

epenning

Hi,
I am running WRF version 4.2.1 for 3 nested domains with 16km, 4km, and 1km resolution. wrfout_d02 and wrfout_d03 are outputting at the requested hourly resolution, but wrfout_d01 is writing every 32 seconds. This means multiple 264 GB files are written until I run out of memory quota. In namelist.input I've set time_step = 32, but I thought this was used internally for the integration time step, while written output is hourly. I've run this exact simulation for a different time period (March, 2020) and this simulation is running as a restart run (April 2020) with the only difference being the start and end times (the March run was also a restart run, and it ran/output properly). Is there a way to force the output to be written hourly?
Thank you,
Elyse