Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 779 ,ZDC + Z0C + 2m is larger than the 1st WRF level - Stop in subroutine urb

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

xiaxx+666

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to run a three-domains nested simulation run with WRF V4.3.1 and using fnl data. I' ve run real.exe successfully, and the wrfbdy and wrfinput files have generated. But afer I submited wrf.sh, errors like the title appeared in the rsl.error.0000:

d01 2019-01-01_06:00:00 Input data is acceptable to use: wrfbdy_d01
Timing for processing lateral boundary for domain 1: 0.22638 elapsed seconds
Tile Strategy is not specified. Assuming 1D-Y
WRF TILE 1 IS 1 IE 54 JS 1 JE 54
WRF NUMBER OF TILES = 1
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 779
ZDC + Z0C + 2m is larger than the 1st WRF level - Stop in subroutine urban - change ZDC and Z0C
------------------------------------------

I just contacted wrf model, not familiar with it. What' the meanning of ' LINE 779' above ? Does this mean that the error appears on line 779 of a file? which file? And what can I do to solve this problem?

Attached files are my namelist.input , batch-submit script and the rsl.errors and rsl.outs zipped in a tar file.

looking forward to your reply,

xiaxiaoxue

Attachments

• namelist.tar
    50 KB · Views: 17
Hi, xiaxiaoxue,
I believe this error is caused by inappropriate settings of eta levels in your namelist.input. Your lowest model level is too low and you need to increase it to a higher value.
Please try and let me know if you still have this issue.

hi, chen ming:

I changed the setting of &physics' sf_urban_physics from 1 to 2 in the namelist.input, then sloved this problem. But I don't really know the principle . I will try your method and see what will happen. Thank you for your reply.

have a nice day
xiaxiaoxue