Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Strange values of SWDOWN,TSK.

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

neel14

Hi,I am getting higher SWDOWN, TSK, LH,HFX during the night and lesser values (even 0) during daytime. I have attached an excel file containing time series data of these variables for ref. I am using 4.1.3.
Kindly help!

Regards
neel

Attachments

• ALL.xlsx
    72.7 KB · Views: 55
Hi,
Can you also attach the namelist.wps and namelist.input files you're using? Thanks!

kwerner said:
Hi,
Can you also attach the namelist.wps and namelist.input files you're using? Thanks!

Have attached the files.
Thanks!

Attachments

• namelist.input
    7.1 KB · Views: 56
  • namelist.wps
    1.6 KB · Views: 55
In your Excel spreadsheet, the first column in time. Is that the time from the wrfout* files (UTC), or is it local time?

kwerner said:
In your Excel spreadsheet, the first column in time. Is that the time from the wrfout* files (UTC), or is it local time?

It is from the "Times" variable of the wrfout. I guess I need to convert to local time?

I thought the time I am providing to wrf was local time. I need to do a lag of +5.5 hours to get the data at the correct timestamps.