Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Could not find matching time in input file

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

parisa

hi..can anyone help me with this issue please?

I have run real.exe in WRFV9 for a period of 5 days and have received the statement "SUCCESS COMPLETE " in the rsl.error and rsl.out files and no errors were reported. next, I also have run wrf.exe and get the error below:

Timing for Writing wrfout_d01_2016-11-19_00:00:00 for domain 1: 0.26571 elapsed seconds
2 input_wrf: wrf_get_next_time current_date: 2016-11-19_00:00:00 Status = -11
At line 1008 of file input_wrf.f90

I attached the related files.

Attachments

• WRFBDY.txt
    41.6 KB · Views: 41
  • rsl_error.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 60
  • wrfinput_d01.txt
    52.5 KB · Views: 41
  • wrfinput_d02.txt
    52.5 KB · Views: 35
  • wrfinput_d03.txt
    52.5 KB · Views: 37
Hi,
I moved this inquiry to the wrf.exe section, as I wasn't sure this error specifically pertained to chemistry. If we find that it does, I'll let you know and we can move it back to the chemistry section.

The error message is pretty vague about which file it's having trouble with. Have you checked all the input files to make sure they have the content for the start date/time (for e.g.):
Code:
 auxinput6_inname                    = 'wrfbiochemi_d<domain>',
 auxinput7_inname                    = 'wrffirechemi_d<domain>',
 auxinput8_inname                    = 'wrfchemi_gocart_bg_d<domain>',
 auxinput12_inname                   = 'wrf_chem_input',
 auxinput13_inname                   = 'wrfchemv_d<domain>',

I also notice that you're only using a single processor when running this simulation. Although your domains aren't extremely large, I'm not sure 1 processor will be enough for this simulation - especially for d03.

hi and tnx for your reply.

now I have a problem... real.exe run sucsessfully with chem_opt=0, but when I try to run wrf.exe I see this error after 5 seconds :( :

Timing for Writing wrfout_d01_2016-11-19_00:00:00 for domain 1: 0.56271 elapsed seconds
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 314
Possibly missing file for = auxinput5
-------------------------------------------
Abort(1) on node 0 (rank 0 in comm 0): application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process

can anyone help me with this error?

Hi,
1) What exactly did you modify to get past the initial problem? I'd like to have a solution posted for future users who may run into a similar problem.

2) Will you please post the new question as a new topic, since it's a different problem? It helps with searching later. Please also attach your output log(s) (e.g., rsl.* files) and your namelist.input for the new problem. Thanks!

hi. sorry for the late reply. I remove the lines related to auxinput for chem options (5,6,7,..) in namelist.input. because a don't have chem opt and these lines don't need in namelist.