Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) "-DOPTIMIZE_CFL_TEST option does not support PROJ_CASSINI" for global set up

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

alugulaboyaj

I am getting an error while running the wrf.exe.

Here is my issue, I am running the WRF model version 3.9 for globally. I have successfully completed the real.exe but when I am running the wrf.exe, it shows the below following error. If you have any idea could you please give me some suggestion, also see attached my namelist.input file (namelist.input.global).

FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 2531
module_big_step_utilities_em.F: -DOPTIMIZE_CFL_TEST option does not support PROJ_CASSINI

Thanking you in advance

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.9 KB · Views: 50
Hi,
In the error, you'll see the file "module_big_step_utilities_em.F" referenced. If you look in that file (which can be found in dyn_em/), you will see the error message, which is occurring because of the namelist setting w_damping = 1. Apparently this option does not support global domains, so you will need to turn that off (set to 0).

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your wonderful support and suggestions.
Now I am able to run the WRF model V3.9 (wrf.exe) for global set up.