Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

The Lightning Flash count values (IC, CG) are always zero

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

met-sree

Dear all,
I am trying to simulate the Lightning Flashcount of ESCS cyclone over the Indian Ocean region and its related namelist attached below. But, in the output, I got zero values for both IC Flash counts and GC Flash counts. Why it's happened? I did any mistake? Please provide your valuable suggestions and help.
Kindly help me out.
Thank you.
SRINIVAS

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.8 KB · Views: 52
SRINIVAS,
I looked at your namelist.input and all look fine except a few options below:
cellcount_method = 1 , which is better for large domain
iccg_method = 2, which avoids possible issue related to unreasonable iccg_prescribed_num and iccg_prescribed_den
Please try and see whether you can get IC and GC flash counts.

Thank you for your quick reply. I modified the namelist file by adding above mentioned variables. But, it still showing zero values. Are there any other modifications are needed for the Asia region?

I am not aware of other options ...
I have sent your question to the developer. I will keep you updated if I get any feedback.