Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

output advective tendency of cloud water mixing ratio

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

songshutong

Hi all,
I want to use WRF3.8 to study the budget of cloud water mixing ratio (qc). As I know, the tendency of qc=RQCBLTEN+RQCCUTEN+qc_diabatic+advqc_h (horizontal advection)+ advqc_z (vertical advection)+ diffqc_h (horizontal diffusion)+ diffqc_z (vertical diffusion). However, I don’t know how to output advection and diffusion terms (horizontal and vertical).
1) I note that a file called dyn_em/README.tenddecView attachment readme_tenddec.txt which guides users to decouple horizontal and vertical advection of non-chemistry 4D tracer array by outputting advh_t/advz_t. While I don’t know how to transfer advqc_h/advqc_z to advh_t/advz_t. Furthermore, how to output diffqc_h/ diffqc_z by using a similar method?
2) Or is there another method to output advqc_h/advqc_z and diffqc_h/ diffqc_z? Specifically, I would like to know what codes control these calculations.
Bests and thanks!
Shutong