Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

domain index into parameterization

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

tiziana

Aloha,

Is anyone aware of a way to get info on the running domain ID within the module_pbl_myjpbl.F routine? Is the domain ID accessible within this routine (I could not find it), or do I need to pass it as a new argument? I need to have the info on the running ID, that is whether is the coarse or nest domain, at runtime as I am adding an algorithm within this routine for our applications, which is dependent upon the domain ID.

Thank you very much for any help you could provide.

Aloha and cheers,

Tiziana.

Tiziana,

You can pass the variable grid_id to physics_pbl_driver, and then to module_pbl_myjpbl.F. One good example is the code module_cu_kfcup.F, in which grid_id is used. You can follow the similar approach to make grid_id available in PBL.

Ming Chen

Tiziana,

I just take a further look at the PBL driver. It turns out that the grid_id has already been included in the driver. You can find the dummy argument 'id' in module_pbl_driver.F, which is the grid_id you need. From there, you can pass this variable to module_bl_myjpbl.F. Please remember to declare it as 'integer'.

Ming Chen