Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Adding diabatic heating rates to WRF-ARW real outputs

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

kellynunez

Hello WRF help,

I am setting up my namelist.input for some real simulations. I want diabatic heating rate to be one of the variables in the output files. To do this I found that I can:
iofield_filename = "myoutfields.txt" under &time_control section

Is that all I have to do? Do I create the myoutfield.txt document or is that WRF?

This topic has been moved from the Compiling section to the WRF Code Modification, as it's more appropriate here. Someone will respond to your post soon.

Hi,

You have to create the file myoutfields.txt. It is a text file in the same directory as the namelist.input. You can either add variables you want to save or remove ones you don't want. The file contains something like this:

-:h:0:HAILNC,CLDFRA,SWDOWN,GLW,SWNORM,OLR,XLAT_U,XLONG_U,XLAT_V,XLONG_V

where here I am removing variables from the history 0 stream. To add use a + instead of a -

More detail about this option can be found here:
https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_v4/v4.2/users_guide_chap5.html#runtimeio