Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Incorporate WUDAPT into Noah-MP with UCM option

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

samuelfung50

Hi all,

I am using WRF v3.9.1.1, and I am trying to incorporate WUDAPT into Noah-MP. What should I do to modify the source code?
What I have done is as below attachment, I think I still missing something yet. Since when I am running Noah-MP with Single layer UCM options, the simulation stops after 30 mins from the starting time no matter what options and time step I choose.
The modification idea is based on (http://www.wudapt.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Urbanized-WRF-modeling-using-WUDAPT-web-version-March2016.pdf)

Best,
Samuel

View attachment Code_modification.docx

Hi,
Have you tried to run WRF without the WUDAPT modifications (just using a pristine "out-of-the-box" version of WRF) with your same namelist and case to see if it runs without problems? If not, I would suggest doing that to verify that this really is a problem with the code modifications. If a non-modified version of WRF runs okay, can you attach your running log/error files (if there are multiple rsl.* files, you can package them all in a .tar file and attach that one file), along with your namelist.input file? Thanks!

Hi,

Have you or any other wrf user able to compile the modified wudapt-wrf on any version of WRF on a linux box.

I am attempting to install it on an ubuntu linux since weeks now without success. The normal version without modification successfully installed.

Thank you.

This is not our top priority now. Probably you can talk to NoAHMP experts (e.g., Mike Balarge, Guoyue Niu, Zongliang Yang)? Hope they can provide suggestions how to move on.