Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Making changes to module_optical_averaging.F

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

marcusdwilliams

Hi all,

I posted this in the WRF-Chem help section but am posting here as well. I am running a 5 yr WRF-Chem simulation that includes dust. About 6 months into the simulation the run crashes because the calculated refractive index threshold is exceeded. According to this website (https://ruc.noaa.gov/wrf/wrf-chem/FAQ.htm) the solution is to increase the threshold in the module_optical_averaging.F file and recompile WRF.

I have done this several times and each time that I have done this none of the changes that I make to the module_optical_averaging.F file do not take hold. The model crashes in the same spot with the same error. Even though the changes that I made to the threshold are still there when I check the module_optical_averaging.F file. Is there a step that I am missing to get the changes to take hold?

I am using WRF-Chem V3.8. I have also run the same 5 yr period without dust and the simulation finishes with no issues. Any help is appreciated.

- Marcus Williams