Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

wrf-fire wrf.exe error:crash: prop_ls: increase the fire region

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

xuelin

Dear colleagues,
I'm running wrf-fire with WRFV3.9, and everything's going well except the final step with the ./wrf.exe. The wrf.exe ran for about 21 hours fluently and then crashed suddenly with the error message saying:

FIRE:crash: prop_ls: increase the fire region
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 57
crash: prop_ls: increase the fire region
-------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if this message means I have to enlarge the fire_ignition_radius1 in namelist.input. But I've tried fire_ignition_radius1=40,100, and 200, and it seems that wrf.exe crashed at the same place for the same reason. I've no idea what parameter to adjust now. :? I have my rsl.error file, namelist.wps, namelist.input files attached. Thank you so much for helping! :D

Best regards,
Xuelin

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.8 KB · Views: 28
  • rsl.error.0012.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 25
  • namelist.wps
    1.7 KB · Views: 28
Hi Xuelin,
Are you trying to run a real-data case to simulate wild fire? If so, please find relevant information at the website here:
https://github.com/openwfm/WRF-SFIRE. We no longer maintain and support WRF-FIRE.

Hi Ming Chen,
Yes, I'm running a real-data case to simulate wild fire. Thank you for your kindly and timely reply. I'll look up the link you send me.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Xuelin