Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Vortex-Following with 2 moving nests: the error of the SST in the moving domain.

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Smithe

I am trying to run a WRF simulation with a moving inner nest and with time-varying SST. Because the inner nest moves, I have input_from_file (namelist.input, &time_control) set to FALSE for it, so that the moving nest will update itself based on the parent grid.

However, when the nested region starts to move, the sst in nested domain is different from the d01 region.
I don't know what the problem is. My namelist.input file is attached.
Thanks very much,

Smith

Attachments

• namelist.input
    5.3 KB · Views: 39
Hi Smith,
When you say the SST value is different after the nest starts to move, are you comparing two overlapping grid points? When feedback is initiated, it takes the values of all the grids in d02 that lie within a single parent grid, averages them, and then sends that value back to the parent grid in that one location. So I wouldn't expect the values to be identical. Are you seeing large differences?

I also would suggest that you set radt = 27,27. You don't need to set this differently for the nest. I don't think this is related to what you're seeing, but I just wanted to point that out.