Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Changing wrfout projections

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

cyclone6

Hi - I'm running global WRF simulations with 3 nests which require the use of lat/lon grids. My problem is that I have several programs (mmif and calwrf) that do not support lat/lon grids. (The programs support Lambert, Polar Stereographic, and Equatorial Mercator projections.)

Is there a way to take a wrfout file in lat/lon projection and convert to one of these? Or to set a nest up on a different projection than the mother domain?

Thanks for any potential insight. This is beyond my ability to program or convert...

This is a question of remap. Basically you can interpolate wrfout in lat-lon grids to other grids in different map projection. Please take a look at this website and see whether you can find helpful information:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml