Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Run-time I/O question

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

RCarpenter

I'm trying to output the max 10-m wind speed in WRF 4.0. Setting the I/O configuration file to:

+:h:0:RAINCV,RAINNCV,WSPD10MAX

results in the following warning:

W A R N I N G : Unable to modify mask for wspd10max. Variable not found. File: wrf_io.cfg at line 1

(The first two fields are output okay.) I also get the same warning for SPDUV10MAX. Thanks.

Hi,

Can you attach your namelist.input file, in addition to your run log (e.g. rsl.error.0000) so that I can take a look?
Thanks!

Here you go.

Attachments

• namelist.input.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 77
  • rsl.error.0000.txt
    35.5 KB · Views: 66
  • wrf_io.cfg.txt
    31 bytes · Views: 75
Hi,

According to the registry, It looks like the variable wspd10max is part of the NWP diagnostics package, which means that you'll additionally need to set nwp_diagnostics = 1 in your namelist to have that output. Similarly, SPDUV10MAX is part of a different package, and therefore you would need to set output_diagnostics = 1 in your namelist. There are a few other namelist options that go along with output_diagnostics. You can find additional information here:

http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_v4/v4.0/users_guide_chap5.html#output_diags

Let me know if you're able to get it working after making these modifications. Thanks!