Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Having trouble with WRF Restart Runs on version 4

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

drother122

Hello,

I am having trouble getting my WRF ARW Version 4 model run to restart. I changed the namelist so that restart is true, and I adjusted the start_* as per the user guide, however, every time I start the simulation, I get an immediate error saying:

LBC for restart: Starting valid date = 2010-03-17_00:00:00, Ending valid date = 2010-03-17_06:00:00
LBC for restart: Found the correct bounding LBC time periods for restart time = 2010-03-17_00:00:00
Timing for processing lateral boundary for domain 1: 9.18424 elapsed seconds
Tile Strategy is not specified. Assuming 1D-Y
WRF TILE 1 IS 1 IE 24 JS 1 JE 14
WRF NUMBER OF TILES = 1
Timing for main: time 2010-03-17_00:03:00 on domain 1: 9.37059 elapsed seconds

Has anyone had any experience with this particular error message? Everything I have tried to fix it (changing the namelist primarily) doesnt seem to work.

Thanks so much

Hi,
1) What version of the model are you using?
2) Are you certain that the wrfrst* file at the beginning of your restart time is complete, and didn't get cut off while it was created?
3) Can you send your namelist.input file, as well as your full error log (if you have multiple error logs, can you package those together and send them all in a *.tar file)?

Thanks!