Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to edit WPS namelist for wrf compile with Vortex following

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

jayantipal

I have compiled wrf with basic option for real case for simulation of tropical cyclone but output doesnt show any cyclonic activity.

Then I have compiled Wrf with vortex following.
Now how to edit the namelist ? Is it consider to be a single domain run or it have multiple domain?

We have moved this topic from the WPS section to the WRF Special Running Options section, as it pertains to a special option (Vortex Following).

I would like to apologize for the delay in response. You can follow instructions described on our tutorial practice website. Keep in mind the instructions here are specific to the cases used in the class, but this gives a rough guide to the way you would construct this:
https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Class_Jan2020/cases/vortex.php