Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to change anthropogenic heat (AH) in ideal cases?

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Xiaoxingyun

Dear All,

I hope to adjust anthropogenic heat (AH) in WRF ideal cases with Noah scheme and Single layer urban canopy model. I changed the AH value in the URBPARM.TBL by adding 250 W m-2 (with AHOPTION=1), but the results are the same with that of the unchanged AH value (with AHOPTION=1).

Any suggestions to solve this problem? Many thanks in advance!

Hi,
Can you attach your updated URBPARM.TBL, as well as the namelist.input file you're using to run? Will you also let me know which idealized case you are running, and which version of the model? Thanks!

kwerner said:
Hi,
Can you attach your updated URBPARM.TBL, as well as the namelist.input file you're using to run? Will you also let me know which idealized case you are running, and which version of the model? Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
The problem is solved by changing lu_index from 1 ('Urban and Built-Up Land') to 32 ('High Intensity Residential'). So does it mean that in the USGS catagories, lu_index=1 is actually not used to represent urban? If lu_index=1 can be used, why changing the AH doesn't affect the results?