Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Can't run without high Ptop

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

nluchett

Hi,

I'm trying to run a simulation in wrf-fire (v4.1) and it will not allow me to run unless the model top is > 15 km. However, I wish to run it with a low model top (2 km). When I try to run with 2 km model top a segmentation fault occurs. This is strange considering I could run the same simulation successfully in WRFv3.6.1.

I know this forum does not cover wrf-fire specifically, but I was curious if anyone can offer any ideas as to why I cannot run the model with a low model top? I've attached my namelist and rsl.out files. Note the rsl.out file attached does not show the error, but when I view it through my terminal it says: "forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred".

Thanks in advance!

Nick

View attachment rsl.out.0000.txt

View attachment namelist.input

Nick,
I will talk to our wrf_fire experts. If there is any feedback from them, I will keep you updated.