Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

SCM over sea ice with MYNN

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

21marta

Hi!

I am trying to run WRF SCM over sea ice with MYNN as a surface and pbl layer scheme. The model returns Segmentation Error. I attach namelist input, and errors file and my modified module_initialize_scm. Thanks in advance for help!

Best wishes,

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.5 KB · Views: 45
  • module_initialize.F
    22.6 KB · Views: 39
  • rsl.error.0000.txt
    220 KB · Views: 41
Hi! Thanks again for reply.
Just want to verify, that the default version of WRF SCM is designed to work over land but if I modify the module_initialize file I can make it work over ice covered surface?

We have never done that before. But I think it is practical to modify the code to make SCM run over ice. Please pay attention to how the model process snow/ice process and make sure you provide all the necessary information. Good luck!