Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Ideal.exe using pre-compiled code on Cheyenne

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

edougherty

Hi there,

I am currently using the WRF-ARW pre-compiled code version 4.1.4 on Cheyenne following instructions from https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/cheyenne-note.html.

I cannot find scripts to run idealized versions of WRF, whereas when I ran real cases batch scripts were availabe here:
/glade/u/home/wrfhelp/BATCH_SCRIPTS.

Additionally, if I go into my directory where I have the precompiled WRF located (/glade/scratch/doughert/WRF_sim/WRF4.1.4/), there is no ideal.exe anywhere to be found and I have checked the sub-directories of .../main/ .../run/ and .../test, where it should be.

Can you please help me run ideal.exe using the precompiled version of WRF on Cheyenne or let me know if there is a better way of doing this? Thanks.

WRF is only precompiled for real-data case. If you run ideal case, please download the source codes, and compile the code yourself.
In cheyenne, please follow the steps below:
cd /your WRF top directory/
./clean -a
./configure and choose the compiler/compilng mode
./compile your ideal case
Please let me know if you have any problems.