Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

OpenMPI 3.1.3 Performance

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

hahnd_

Greetings,

I am running WRF 3.8.1 with OpenMPI 1.10.7 and recently I had to switch to a system where only OpenMPI 3.1.3 is available. I tested with OpenMPI 1.10.7 on the new system, but for other reasons I cannot continue to use it.

When switching OpenMPI v1 to v3, the total execution time increased from 59m43.009s to 94m2.701s. Is this a known issue, and are there any solutions?

Thanks,
-David

Hi David,
I would like to first apologize for the long delay in response. It seems as though this post was overlooked by our team.
Unfortunately I am not aware of any known issues between the versions of OpenMP. You may have already figured out an answer to this, but if not, this would be a question for a systems administrator at your institution, or perhaps a developer of the OpenMP libraries.