Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Running WPS in HPC cron

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

elliottardif

Hi everyone, I've run into another issue with running WPS in a cron environment on my HPC cluster. I am writing a wrapper script in Perl to run WPS and WRF; thus far I have incorporated all the WPS processes into the script and I have run it successfully when I type the command for the script manually, but when I go to run the same script in cron, it gives me the following error (in this case, for geogrid):
./geogrid.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdff.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What would cause this issue in cron vs running the script myself?

Thanks for any help,

Elliot Tardif

The Unix operating system usually looks at the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to search the directories in the path for the library. Try issuing these commands:
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
If the path /usr/local/netcdf/lib is not included, then (in ksh, for example) please type:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/netcdf/lib"

Hi Ming, thank you for your note. You were right: I had gotten my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH messed up and needed to fix it, which I did along with my intel compiler directory path reference, and these resolved the problem. This said, I noted that I couldn't run the Perl script itself in cron, I had to write a three line wrapper script in csh to kick off the Perl script I had written. Thank you for your time!

Elliot Tardif