Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Extracting Minimum Temperature

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

kaelel18

Hi WRF Team. I am trying to extract T2MAX and T2MIN. I edited my namelist to add another line for io. I have a .txt file containing this,

Code:
+:h:21:u,v,w,u10,v10,p,t2max,t2min,sfcevp

When I checked the outputs, all of the variables are there except for t2max and t2min. I followed what was written in Registry,EM_COMMON

# CLWRF-WRF4G
state real T2MIN ij misc 1 - rh3 "T2MIN" "MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT 2M HEIGHT IN DIAGNOSTIC OUTPUT INTERVAL" "K"
state real T2MAX ij misc 1 - rh3 "T2MAX" "MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE AT 2M HEIGHT IN DIAGNOSTIC OUTPUT INTERVAL
"

How do I resolve this one? I'm using WRFV3.9. Thanks!

t2max and t2min can only be output when output_diagnostics is set to 1 in namelist.input. You will need the following options:
output_diagnostics = 1
auxhist3_outname = 'wrfxtrm_d<domain>_<date>'
io_form_auxhist3 = 2
auxhist3_interval = 1440
frames_per_auxhist3 = 1

Hi. Thank you for your response. I tried modifying the namelist.input as suggested but I always get this error.

Code:
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 656
CLWRF:  ERROR -- error -- ERROR -- error : NO 'auxhist3_interval' has been defined in 'namelist.input'

I already defined the auxhist3_interval, but the error still appears.

Can you run with the options below (and keep all other options the same)
auxhist3_outname = "wrfxtrm_d<domain>_<date>"
Please let me know if you still cannot run the case.

This may be caused by possible bugs in older version of WRF. However, it is not our top priority to debug any issues in older version.
Would you please update WRF to newer version such as WRFV4.2, then try again?
Please check the file wrfxtrm and all variables defined for the output_diagnostics package should be available.