Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF systematic biases

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Hi, I met some difficulties about the model uncertainties.
How to take into account the model systematic biases (such as the uncertainties induced by physical scheme, initiation conditions and the year of simulation) in the results analysis? I used the raw results from the WRF output data to do some studies about climate effect, but there exists reviewer said that I need to correct the climatological biases between the simulations and observations (varies with time) before climate analysis and calculation. In addtion, some information about the robustness and uncertainty ranges of climatic effects also should be presented.
I'm confused about the problem. Is there anyone could help me?
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• fig2.png
    fig2.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 765
  • fig1.png
    fig1.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 765
Hi,
I think the best approach would be to try to find some other literature that discusses the physics schemes you used and see if there are known biases mentioned. For most schemes, these exist for particular circumstances. You may be able to find some presentations that discuss some of these issues at one of our past WRF Workshops.