Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Output Wind Speeds at Specific Height Above Ground e.g. 60m

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

RobWaters

Hi all,

Does anyone have any advise for obtaining wind speeds at 60m height above ground?

Most post-processing utilities, e.g. ARW-post, seem to be looking at height above MSL (is this correct)?

Can NCL be used? I know i can get the height from the DEM then add 60m but i want to look spatially and over time across a large domain, which may be a pain to program.

Ideally, I would like the model to output a variable, u60 and v60, but this doesnt seem to be possible.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.

Happy new year to all

I have moved this forum topic to the NCL section to see if someone knows how to do this with NCL. Someone should respond soon.

Hi,

Please find attached a sample script to extract a few atmospheric parameters (wind, temperature, pressure and relative humidity) at higher heights using NCL.

I hope it is helpful.

Regards
Kunal

Attachments

• web_80 (1)_extract at higher height WRF.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 91