Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Interpolate the WRF output above ground level

lpasmanoranjan

I am wondering whether does the ARWpost interpolate/extrapolate the WRF output above sea level or above ground level?

I would like to interpolate at user defined heights as I used the below.

Code:
&interp
 interp_method = 1,
 interp_levels = 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6,
 extrapolate = .true.

It successfully produced the .dat and .ctl file. But I am wondering whether these results are above sea level or above ground level? If it is above sea level, then is there any way to convert it to above ground level?

Hi,
By setting interp_method = 1, you are specifying that you want to interpolate to the pressure or height levels you define. If you want these to be in height, and not based on pressure, you'll need to set the values in km (whereas you would set to values of hPa if you were interested in pressure levels).

Hi Kwerner,
Thanks for the response. Yes, I need to interpolate the WRF output in different heights (100m, 200m, 300m etc.) above ground level. But I was wondering whether does ARWPost generate the results in above ground level?

In the user guide, it is not mentioed that the user specified heights are above sea level or above ground level.

Hi,
Ok, I understand, and apologize for the confusion. Yes, I believe this is above ground level, and not sea level.

Hi,
By setting interp_method = 1, you are specifying that you want to interpolate to the pressure or height levels you define. If you want these to be in height, and not based on pressure, you'll need to set the values in km (whereas you would set to values of hPa if you were interested in pressure levels).
how to set the values in km, i don't understand this pocess,

Thank you