Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

After using 'v_interp', showed that points exceeded cfl=2 in domain d01 in 'rsl.error.0000' when executed the wrf.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

LiShuwen

Dear Professor:
I got some troubles about the 'v_interp' utility.
I used 'ndown' for one-way nested running to produce wrfinput_d02 and wrfbdy_d02, and moved them to wrfinput_d01 and wrfbdy_d01. After that, I wanted to use 'v_interp' to add vertical levels in WRF input (only eta 30 to eta 35), details showed in 'namelist.v_interp' . It was successful to add 5 levels into wrfinput_d01 and wrfbdy_d01. But it was always showing that points exceeded cfl=2 in domain d01 in 'rsl.error.0000' file when I tried to run wrf.exe.
So, I want to ask for help. Related files had been attached. I am looking forward to your reply.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely!View attachment wrfbdy_d01_new.logView attachment rsl.out.logView attachment rsl.error.logView attachment namelist.v_interp.logView attachment namelist.input

Hi,
In your namelist.input file, you have a DX/DY of 1 km, and you have time_step set to 8. To avoid CFL errors, you should set the time_step to no greater than 6xDX (per km). Try decreasing it to see if that helps.