Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Precipitation Accumulation Using prec_acc_dt

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

scapps

For WRF version 4.0.3 (and, potentially others) I have noticed that the precipitation in the prec_acc_nc variable will accumulate over 3 hours periods for all domains even though the innermost is set to accumulate over 1 hour:

history_interval = 360, 360, 60,

prec_acc_dt = 360, 360, 60,

Has this been reported by others?

Hi,
There was confusion about this previously. Take a look at this post. Perhaps your confusion is the same as was reported here? If so, please see the explanation that explains how it is actually doing the correct thing. Let me know if that helps.

Last edited:
No. My issue still remains. In the innermost domain, the prec_acc_nc amounts were accumulating over the 3hr period even though
history_interval = 360, 360, 60,

prec_acc_dt = 360, 360, 60,

Hi,
Can you attach your namelist.input file, along with 2 consecutive wrfout_d03* files so that I can take a look at the RAINNC and prec_acc_nc values between them? If the wrfout files are too large to attach, take a look at the home page of this forum for instructions on uploading large files. Thanks!