Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Temperature Diagnostic from WRF

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

linlu9876

Hi all,

I am looking to analyse the vertical temperature variation with altitude and pressure levels.
Can you please help how can I do that from the WRF outputs?

Please advice.

Best, Lin

Hi AlainF,

Many thanks for your reply. Could you give a bit more detail about how can I start with doing what you suggested?

Also, I am interested in looking at temperatures at different attitudes above my domain and I am not sure which output variable in wrfout files provides that.

Additionally, can you suggest how can I retrieve heights and temp at different heights in the atmosphere from WRF?

Please can anyone from the team help?

Thanks, Lin

Well, I suggest that you first use the Integrated data viewer. They have a website here : https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/
Then, you will discover how you can create a sounding diagram from a grib or grib2 file that has been processed from wrfout-->grib/grib2 by unipost.exe.
Of course, you first need to run unipost.exe to generate the grib files, but maybe you have already done it.