Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Uncoupling of Variables (e.g. RTHRATEN)

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

twisterior

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding coupling and uncoupling of tendency variables in WRF 4. I introduced a new module estimating a temperature tendency, let's call it myth_ten. Following, for example the radiative tendency RTHRATEN, I coupled myth_ten with mu in the routine calculate_phy_tend and added it to the total temperature tendency in update_phy_ten.

So far, everything is nice. However, if I write myth_ten to the output files, it differs since it is still coupled. On the contrary, as far as I can tell from registry and physical values, the variable RTHRATEN is uncoupled. Does anybody know where this uncoupling happens?

Best regards and stay safe!

Please look at the code module_big_step_utilities_em.F, in which you can find the subroutine phy_prep_part2. All physics tendencies are decoupled here.