Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

compiling problems of convert_mpas

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

dashline

hello,
I am trting to compile convert_mpas downloaded from github. And I met some problems.
When I simply use command "make", I get errors below:

[tianxj@ln1%tianhe convert_mpas-master]$ make
( cd src; make FC="mpif90" FFLAGS="-O2 -ffree-form -Wall -DHAVE_NF90_INQ_VARIDS" FCINCLUDES="-I/vol6/software/io_tools/netcdf/mpi/4.4/include" FCLIBS="-L/vol6/software/io_tools/netcdf/mpi/4.4/lib -lnetcdff -L/vol6/software/io_tools/hdf5/mpi/1.8.11/lib -L/vol6/software/io_tools/pnetcdf/1.6.1/lib -L/vol6/software/io_tools/netcdf/mpi/4.4/lib -lnetcdf -lnetcdf" )
make[1]: Entering directory `/vol6/home/tianxj/yhluo/mpas/convert_mpas-master/src'
rm -f scan_input.o scan_input.mod
mpif90 -O2 -ffree-form -Wall -DHAVE_NF90_INQ_VARIDS -c scan_input.F -I/vol6/software/io_tools/netcdf/mpi/4.4/include
ifort: command line warning #10006: ignoring unknown option '-ffree-form'
ifort: command line warning #10157: ignoring option '-W'; argument is of wrong type
scan_input.F(1): error #5149: Illegal character in statement label field [m]
module scan_inpute
^
scan_input.F(1): error #5149: Illegal character in statement label field [o]
module scan_inpute
-^
/tmp/ifortzcsGNj.i(138): catastrophic error: Too many errors, exiting
compilation aborted for scan_input.F (code 1)
make[1]: *** [scan_input.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/vol6/home/tianxj/yhluo/mpas/convert_mpas-master/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

It looks like you are compiling with the ifort compiler, but using compiler flags for GNU Gfortran. You'll need to edit the the Makefile FFLAGS to use ifort compiler flags:

Code:
FFLAGS = -O2 -free -Warn all -DHAVE_NF90_INQ_VARIDS

mcurry said:
It looks like you are compiling with the ifort compiler, but using compiler flags for GNU Gfortran. You'll need to edit the the Makefile FFLAGS to use ifort compiler flags:

Code:
FFLAGS = -O2 -free -Warn all -DHAVE_NF90_INQ_VARIDS
I run with :
Code:
make FFLAGS=" -O2 -free -Warn all -DHAVE_NF90_INQ_VARIDS"
and then it works. THANKS!