Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

MPAS Software Engineer I/II in the NCAR/MMM laboratory

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

mgduda

Administrator
Staff member
The NCAR Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology Laboratory is seeking a Software Engineer I/II to contribute to the development and support of the Model for Prediction Across Scales - Atmosphere (MPAS-Atmosphere).

This Software Engineer I/II will work within a team of scientists and software engineers to support the development and maintenance of the Model for Prediction Across Scales (MPAS), both for its stand-alone releases and for its implementation in the System for Integrated Modeling of the Atmosphere (SIMA) within the Community Earth System Model (CESM). This position will also support the EarthWorks project, which seeks to bring MPAS-Atmosphere GPU capabilities to SIMA and CESM. It will also provide software engineering support for the implementation of new science, maintenance of testing frameworks, and development of new model infrastructure.

For details of the position and a link to apply, please see the full UCAR job advertisement.