Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF-Chem v4.4 installation - Error in opening the compiled module file

mike_c

Dear colleagues,

I'm trying to install the latest version of WRF-Chem (v4.4).
But I keep failing to make the executables (*.exe), and the log file says "Error in opening the compiled module file"
when compiling module_mosaic_addemiss.f90.
(The compile log file is attached below.)

I found someone posted a similar issue with a previous version of WRF-Chem (v4.0): https://forum.mmm.ucar.edu/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=2756
I tried to compile 'WRF without chemistry' following the link above, and the executables were built successfully.
So I guess it might be a chemistry problem..?

Could anyone please help me solve this issue?

Thank you.

Mike

Attachments

• compile.log
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
Hi Mike,

This could likely be a bug that was introduced with the latest version, but may depend on your compiler options. Could you please send me your configure.wrf file?

And just to be sure, you did not make any changes to the source code?

Thanks.

Jordan

Hi Mike,

Please change the line in chem/depend.chem from

module_mosaic_addemiss.o: module_data_mosaic_asect.o module_data_sorgam.o

to

module_mosaic_addemiss.o: module_data_mosaic_asect.o module_data_sorgam.o module_gocart_dust.o

EDIT:: You can alternately successfully compile the model by issuing the compile command twice; i.e., if your first attempt at compilation fails, issue the compile command exactly as before for a second time and the model should compile

Thank you for bring this to our attention.

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

I changed the line in depend.chem following your suggestion, and the problem solved!

Thank you so much!

Mike

Hi Mike,

to

module_mosaic_addemiss.o: module_data_mosaic_asect.o module_data_sorgam.o module_gocart_dust.o

EDIT::
You can alternately successfully compile the model by issuing the compile command twice; i.e., if your first attempt at compilation fails, issue the compile command exactly as before for a second time and the model should compile

Jordan
Thank you! I met the same problem and the method you provided worked at last !

Hi Mike,

to

EDIT::
You can alternately successfully compile the model by issuing the compile command twice; i.e., if your first attempt at compilation fails, issue the compile command exactly as before for a second time and the model should compile

Jordan
Hi Jordan,

Thank you for this bug fix. I was facing the same issue during KPP compilation and this suggestion resulted in successful KPP compilation and generation of the executables.

Thank you
Krishna