Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to calculate Secondary Organic Aerosol concentration for chem_opt = 202

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

indranil

Respected all,

How could I calculate Secondary Organic Aerosol (SOA) concentration when running chem_opt = 202 (MOZART-MOSAIC) chemical mechanism in WRF-Chem?

like with chem_opt = 503 I got 'soa_a1' (Secondary organic aerosol, mode 1), 'soag' (Gas-phase SOA) as the output variable. But in chem_opt = 202 I am getting 'cvasoa1' (cond.vapor from ASOA1), 'asoa1_a01' (SOA Anth. org. conc. with C* value=1 ug/m^3 Bin 1), 'bsoa1_a01' (SOA Biog. org. conc. with C* value=1 ug/m^3 Bin 1),'glysoa_r1_a01' (glysoa_r1, aerosol bin 01), 'asoa1_a02' (SOA Anth. org. conc. with C* value=1 ug/m^3 Bin 2), 'bsoa1_a02' (SOA Biog. org. conc. with C* value=1 ug/m^3 Bin 2), 'glysoa_r1_a02' (glysoa_r1, aerosol bin 02) like this.

Using these variables how could I calculate total Secondary organic aerosol concentration for chem_opt = 202? Is adding them all is the solution? Anyone with any experience with Secondary organic aerosol calculation for MOZART-MOSAIC chemical mechanism please help.