Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Reg: Generation of dust in WRF-Chem output

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

SandeepDevaliya

Dear All,

I am running WRF-Chem with CBMZ-MOSAIC over the South Asian region. I was not getting model generated dust in my wrfout* files. I re-ran the model after linking the GEOGRID.TBL.ARW_CHEM to GEOGRID.TBL (Referred: https://ruc.noaa.gov/wrf/wrf-chem/tutorialexercises/tutorialexercises001.html).

To see the changes, I checked the generated met_em* files, the 'EROD' & 'SANDFRAC' variables are found in the met_em* files (attached metem.PNG) but the same variables are zero in wrfinput* files (attached wrfinput.PNG). Hence, I understand that the effect of this change is only coming until the generation of met_em* files but and it's not getting transmitted to the wrf outputs (wrfout* files). Hence, we are not getting the generation of dust in our new results also. Kindly suggest a way to get rid of this issue.

I have used dust_opt=3 but have also tested with dust_opt=1 & 4 keeping all other options as it is, facing the same issue with all 3 runs. Following are the &chem options I have used.

Thanks and regards,
Sandeep Devaliya
PhD Research Scholar
Indian Institute of Science Education & Research, Bhopal, India

Attachments

• wrfinput..PNG
    wrfinput..PNG
    95 KB · Views: 1,119
  • metem.PNG
    metem.PNG
    351.3 KB · Views: 1,120