Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

file incremental error in running mozbc

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

I am running the mozbc utility with WRF Version 4.0 and I have a single h0001.nc file for one day for one day simulation. I am getting the 'file incremental' error now.
I tried downloading the data for previous date and stilll the error persists.
I see a similar query from a few years back in the wrf-user mailing list but do not see an answer attached.
My error is the following-

init_mozart_lib: opened ../mozbc/mozbc_data/hb0001.nc

next_flnm; trying to increment file hb0001.nc
next_flnm; il, iu = 3 6
next_flnm; file_number = 1
next_flnm; new file = hb0000.nc
failed to open ../mozbc/mozbc_data/hb0000.nc
No such file or directory

fail to process netCDF file...

I appreciate any leads.

Thank you,
Prerita

Hi Prerita,

I am not especially familiar with the code of mozbc, but it seems as though it is also looking for a file named: hb0000.nc, which may be an issue from your namelist . Could you also attach your namelist? Based on the README:

Note that if need be mozbc will increment the fn_moz filename to look for
matching times once the end of the fn_moz file has been reached.

Are you supplying a file or just one value for fn_moz?

One thing you could try, since you only need one file, is to just copy your hb0001 file to hb0000.

Jordan

Hi Jordan,
I was able to solve the issue.
The mozbc utility was searching for date,datesec from one day before the actual simulation.

Thanks for the help!

Prerita

Hi all,
I have the same problem, but my data are monthly averages, could you explain in more detail how you did to correct the problem, please.

Thank you
Regrads

Blanca