Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Ozone and T2 simulation is inaccurate

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

mohouwa

I am using WRF-CHEM 4.2.1 to simulate the concentration of ozone from 2016.9.16 to 2016.9.28 , the result shows a serious deviatin, and the T2 variable is even negative, I don't know where the problems is .... could someone help me ? My namelist.input has attched below.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    7.2 KB · Views: 66
Hi,

Can you provide your rsl.out.0000 and rsl.error.0000? It would also help to increase the debug_level (~300) to provide more information. Negative T2 may indicate a problem with your initial conditions and/or the surface model. Does your wrfinput file look reasonable?

Jordan

Sorry, I have just saw your comment now :oops: :oops: , my problem has been solved. The reason for the error is that the physical parameter of the namelist is incorrectly set,I have changed the ra_sw_physics to 5 and bl_pbl_physics to 1,and the result are much more accurate.

Hi @mohouwa

Good to hear your problem has been solved. Were these your only changes? I was comparing your changes to your original namelist and noticed that you had not specified a boundary layer physics options (i.e., bl_pbl_physics = 0). Have you also changed this?

Jordan

jordanschnell said:
Hi @mohouwa

Good to hear your problem has been solved. Were these your only changes? I was comparing your changes to your original namelist and noticed that you had not specified a boundary layer physics options (i.e., bl_pbl_physics = 0). Have you also changed this?

Jordan

Yes , I have changed bl_pbl_physics=1 in my namelist :D Here is my updated namelist.input

Attachments

• namelist.input
    7.1 KB · Views: 67